Maintaining your sleep apnea devices clean is essential for their effectiveness.
Sleep apnea equipment includes a filter, humidifier as well as mask that require to be regularly cleaned up. It is usually used every night and also can quickly gather bacteria, pollutants, germs, and infections, as well as even create mold and mildew.
Even if whatever looks clean, it is likely to have unseen microorganisms that collect in time. Any type of bacteria or germs you can be found in contact with throughout the day can come into your mask when applying it at night.
Also, since a humidifier is utilized, wetness assembles in the machine tubing and mask, and also this can develop fungus as well as harmful molds that enjoy dwelling in moist areas.
It’s also vital to point out that you are required to dry your equipment extensively daily to avoid the buildup of moisture that can create mold and mildew as well as other microorganisms.
Cleaning your devices daily can be a hassle and also lots of people could not stick to the routine. Fortunately, there are currently sleep machine cleansers on the market that can make daily maintenance less complicated and also much more efficient.
Exactly how does the CPAP cleaner function?
Many cleansers are less likely to use water to sanitize the equipment. Some cleansers choose activated oxygen, as well as others, use ultra-violet light.
Cleaning machines featured with activated oxygen usually have a generator that breaks down oxygen (O2) and recreate it by combining another O atom making O3, or an activated oxygen molecule. When the third O atom is added, it turns the molecule into an oxidant. An oxidant causes a substance to lose electrons, which in this case can kill germs and bacteria.
Ultra-violet light contains three different bands known as UV-A, UV-B, as well as UV-C spectrums. Each range differs in wavelength.
At particular wavelengths, ultra-violet light could damage molecular bonds in the DNA of microbes.
Best value CPAP cleaning machine—LEEL CPAP cleaner with adapter kit
- 4.7×1.95×1.95 inch, 7oz
- Safe activated oxygen to sanitize thoroughly
- Destroys 99.99% of bacteria and laboratory tested
- 2600mAh battery provides about 8 sanitizing cycles
- One-button Cleaning; Fast charging technology
- All-in-One: Includes sanitizing bag&compatible hose adapters
- Clean your machine and mask simultaneously
Some key points need to be considered when you buy a CPAP cleaner:
1. How long it will take to clean the machine? The sanitizing time varies from machine to machine, from 20 mins to 2 hours. If you have a special requirement, please check the product detail before making a purchase.
2. Size and weight of the machine. If you travel a lot, check the product specifications. Make sure it’s compact and portable so that you could take it anywhere without considering the space taken.
3. Machine compatibility. Different people may choose different brands of CPAP machines. Check the CPAP cleaner compatible machine list and make sure you choose the right cleaning equipment.
4. Easy to operate or not. Nowadays, most CPAP cleaning machines feature a one-click cleaning function. Just check is that easy to use. Make sure you could get all the cleaning essential parts and no or less recurring costs.
5. Warranty time and after-sale service. Most quality CPAP cleaners on the market are not so cheap, so make sure you choose a quality product and you could contact them and get a reply when you need help. Try to inquire about some questions before you place an order and check their reply time and manners, which can be taken as a reference.